Friday, June 20, 2008

Back to the real world

Coming back to reality after vacation sure is tough when you don't have any days in between for buffer! We got back late Sunday night (the Super Shuttle dropped us off around 10 pm) and then both Michael and I were back at work on Monday morning. Lucky for me, I got to work from home, but still...there were a ton of emails to get through! And to top it off, this is the busiest part of the month for me. Thank goodness it's Friday and we survived the week!

There are some great take aways from our trip that I've been reflecting on:
1. Traveling to Eastern Europe for Michael is exactly like traveling to Hawaii for me. How is that? Well, in Eastern Europe, people would approach Michael speaking Czech or German or basically any Eastern European language, much like the folks in Hawaii come up to me and say "You local girl, yeah?"
2. Happy Cow cheese spread is delicious and we should incorporate it into our breakfast repertoire.
3. I've found that beer really can replace water during meals - especially when it's a fraction of the price!
4. It would be nice to earn my salary in Pounds! That way, I can go shopping without even thinking about it.
5. Walking 4 miles a day and using public transport would make everyone more fit. I've decided to make it a point to try and walk more when I can.

I do have a few more points but these are the main ones I thought I'd share.


I've started to upload our photos, but because we took so many, I'm gonna have to publish them in segments. Can you believe we took 741 photos? Lots of it is scenery, but I like that stuff. Don't worry though - I'll edit enough so you get the basic gist of our trip in a condensed version.

So here's the first part of our trip from London and Prague. Hope you enjoy! (Helpful hint - to see a bigger picture, click on the picture below and it will open in a new window where you can go thru the pics at your own pace!)



0 comments: