Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Get Ready for Thanksgiving!

This year, we're going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. While we don't need to make the turkey, we're gonna be bringing some side dishes. Michael's gonna be making potatoes, and I'm going to be making salad and pumpkin bread, so we'll be pretty busy today to get things ready for tomorrow. But on top of it all, I wanted to make my mom a little table decoration as well. Here's a little pumpkin made out of strips of pumpkin pie cardstock. I used the Autumn Fest (retired) stamp set to create the leaf and decorate the Thanksgiving tag:

Here are the directions to create this fun little table decor:
1. Cut one 8 1/2x11" cardstock sheet into 1 inch strips
2. Punch a hole on both ends of the strip. I used the Crop-a-dile.
3. String a 12" strip of ribbon through the holes and knot the ends at your desired width of the pumpkin and trim the excess, but leave a little bit of a stump on the top.
4. Now, take each of the paper strips and spread them out to create your "pumpkin"
5. Embellish with another piece of ribbon and add tag and leaf

I thought I'd share another sample with you just to spread the Thanksgiving cheer! Here's one of the Thanksgiving cards I made. Since there aren't many trees that change color in CA, I wanted to create the feel of falling leaves on the card. I used the Top Note die cut and then used the Sanded background stamp to add some texture. I really love the Autumn Fest stamp set and I'm sad that it's retired, but glad that I have it to make my card!


Have a great Thanksgiving Eve! Tomorrow, I'll post another card - my favorite Thanksgiving card I made :)


Oh - don't forget! The Holiday Extravaganza Sale starts today on my Stampin'Up! Website! Make sure to check out the deals on this flyer. While you're at it, here are a few gift ideas for you to consider. Why wait til Black Friday, when you can shop now right on your own computer (in between prepping for Thanksgiving, of course)! Have fun!


0 comments: