Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Deck the halls with boughs of holly

Since we are going to my brother's house in Alabama for Christmas this year, we decided not to get a tree because our little kitty would probably have a field day when we're gone. So, I thought, I'll just deck the house and make it as festive as I can without a tree. I knew that I wanted to create a Christmas banner this year since I got the Big Shot machine, so in the midst of my decorating this past weekend, I made this banner and I'm really happy with how it turned out! You can click on the pictures to get a bigger view.

Here's a closer look at how I tied the letters together - I used the jumbo eyelets to finish off the holes and then connected the letters using the double sided satin ribbon.

I used the top note die for the background and I used the serif alphabet on chipboard for the letters. First, I covered the letters using the Certainly Celery Craft stamping spots. Then I went over the letters with the 2-Way glue pen and sprinkled dazzling diamonds on top. Viola! The letters look really cool at night and really sparkle with the Christmas lights from the mantle!

Here's another view of the full banner.

How are you all decorating for Christmas?


3 comments:

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

I like your mantle. I have flagstone on my fireplace too, but there isn't a mantle which I would love to have someday...

Patty Bennett said...

Super Super cute!! LOVE it! Patty

Anonymous said...

I love the banner Rose! The letters came out so beautiful and look gold from a distance. Is that sparkle stuff a Stampin' Up item?