Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cheep Talk for Cupcake Challenge 53!


Hello all! Hope you're enjoying your Saturday. It is a beautiful day in Southern California - clear and sunny in the mid 70s! I thought I'd post a card I made for the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #53, using my brand new Cheep Talk stamp set and Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper. I wanted to use Pacific Point because I've been so inspired by how clear and blue the ocean's looked the last couple of days! While I know I said I wish there was more of a winter here in CA, it's been too gorgeous out to not enjoy this great weather:) Here's the card:

What do you think? Hope you like it! I've been having a lot fun adding accessories to my cards. I can't believe how I used to just hord my accessories because I didn't want to use them up - isn't that silly? Well, I'm glad I grew out of that phase of my papercrafting life! I used the Rhinestone Brads for the center of the flower buttons from the Button Bouquet and then I also used the big blue circle button from those accessories as well. Did you happen to notice the texturz background? It's been a cool little background paper-dresser-upper. I am currently in love with the Trio Flower punch, too, which I can't believe I waited so long to get! It's just such a sweet trio of flowers! This was a great sketch to play with. I think I'll be making more with this layout.

So, besides putting this card together this morning, I've also gotten in touch with my "inner PC." Being the nerd that I am, I have been having fun toying with the new computer and getting my bearings around the Vista operating system. It definitely is different. I feel like there's a lot to learn as well as just a lot of new navigation to get used to. I like that the computer feels smarter. I didn't have to reload my Camera driver software - it just recognized it when I plugged in the USB port - how cool is that? It's amazing that I feel like I just got out of the dark ages, when I thought I was doing a pretty good job staying abreast of all the techie things. Imagine that! Well, I'm gonna say Ciao for now, so have a great night. Thanks for stopping by!

Oops! One last thing, actually. Today is my parent's anniversary, so I wanted to give them a quick little shout out:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MOM & DAD!


10 comments:

Krysta said...

Hi Rose, This card is lovely and of course in my two favorite colors. Yes I must admit I am a horder too, slowly my little embellishments are coming to the light of day. Keep up the great works of art!

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Cute Card! Love the Cheep talk!

Nancy Riley said...

Super cute card! Fantastic design!

Anonymous said...

Very cute...that better be going to a "worthy" person! lol

Anonymous said...

Rose, this is amazing, I love pacific point and wish I used it more! That card rocks!

Heather said...

This is beautiful, love the new stamps!!
Heather

Ida said...

What a fun card. What's funny is that we both used the same image for our cards. This set just fit the sketch so well.

Taylor said...

Super sweet, Rose! Love that cute bird image!

Anonymous said...

I love this card!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! Gorgeous colours, and that bird is so cute!