Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Love the Texturz!

Morning all! So yesterday, I got to play with some of the new products I got from the Stampin'Up! Spring Summer catalog. I was really looking forward to seeing how the Texturz embossing plates worked, so naturally, that was the first thing I ripped open from the packaging :) The plates are larger than the Cuttlebug embossing folders, and the mechanism for it to emboss does require the use of the squishy silicon pad and the impression pad. It's pretty easy to use. In comparison to the Cuttlebug folders, the embossed images from the Texturz impressions have a little more of a softer look to them, since the image is being embossed from one side, rather than both. The silicon pad does a good job though! My Mojo challenge card from yesterday used one of the embossed images from the plates, but I thought I'd post a sampling of the cardstock I ran through so you can see some of the other images:

I don't think the picture gives you the full effect of the embossing - you can definitely see it more in person. If you want to see it larger, you can click on the picture to bring up a larger view.

I also wanted to play with the new embosslit flower and leaves sizzlet that I got, so I created this card to show a combo of the Big Shot products I used:

Voila! I love how this card looks so delicate! I added the Pretties pearl in the center of the flower and dressed the card up a little with the brads and the small oval punch. Here's the recipe:
*Texturz Stampin'Up! Backgrounds embossing plates
*Simple Flower embosslit, Little Leaves sizzlit
*Pretties flower
*3 1/2" x 5" Whisper White Note cards
*Small Oval punch, brads

All in all, I had lots of fun playing with my new Big Shot accessories! I think they definitely add a new dimension to any card making projects. I'd highly recommend them!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it...can't wait to get mine soon! :)

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Loving these Texturz. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

hugs and blessings from a fellow demo - jean