Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Polka Dot Hearts

Hello all! As promised, I've got a Sale-a-bration sample for you today that also doubles as a Valentine card. The hearts are from the set called Polka Dot Punches, and as the name implies, these images are a perfect fit for the Stampin'Up! punches :) Here's the card I made:

I love the large 1 3/4" circle punch - it made a great backdrop for my hearts! If you've noticed from my last few cards, I also have a thing for buttons these days too! I love the look of cinching the wider grosgrain ribbons with a button and linen thread. Not only is it a cute accent, but I've found that it's less bulky than knotting the ribbon, so it's a nice alternative if you don't want your cards to be too thick for mailing (extra postage is required for cards thicker than 1/4").
Here's the recipe:
*Polka Dot Punches and Yummy stamp sets
*Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Shimmery White, and Chocolate Chip cardstock
*Rose Red and Regal Rose stamp pads
*Fresh Favorites button, Chocolate Chip Double Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Linen Thread, brads
*Texturz embossing plates - large polka dots
*Full Heart, Small Oval, and Large Oval punches

Have a great day!


2 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

OMG, Rose! What a terrific way to show off the new SAB stamp set! LOVE it!

LeAnne said...

Gosh, this is just too cool! Must case it! I can see this in many different color combos!
LeAnne