Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Confetti Daisy meets Pacific Point

I finally got around to playing with the Daisies Big Shot Bigz die and I just love it! At first, I wasn't sure about getting the daisy die at all to begin with, but after seeing a few adorable samples with that die, it quickly became a must have...and here it is! The die has 3 different sizes of daisies, so there's a lot you can do with it. In the card I created, I used 2 cutouts of the largest daisy and 2 of the smallest ones and it looks like a Gerber daisy! Here's the card I created:I wanted to use a bold color, so I went with Pacific Point, which has a nice vibrant contrast against the confetti white daisy. I absolutely LOVE that rich blue background! If you look closely, you'll see that it's embossed with the Daisies Texturz Embossing Plate. For the smaller daisy center, I used So Saffron cardstock and also used the corduroy Pacific Point button brad to give the center a pop of color. I made the stem using the Old Olive grosgrain ribbon. Here's a tip - I tied the ribbon around the Stampin'Mist spritzer and then trimmed it off and cut the circle. That way, you have your knot for the leaves and don't have to tie it all the way around the card! (Nifty little trick I learned years ago from wise stampers/crafters, I'm sure!) Finally, for the sentiment, I used the Oval All stamp set and punched it out with the Scallop Oval punch (both of which are coming soon in the Ocassions Mini!). I added a couple So Saffron accent brads to balance out the top corner of the card. Voila! Hope you like it!

Can you believe it's already Wednesday? Hope you have a great day and thanks for popping by!


0 comments: