Monday, March 9, 2009

Freebie Friday 9 Winner!

Good Morning! Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was super busy but lots of fun - got a lot of stamping in! I attended Sandy Hancock's Demonstrator Meeting at the Spaghetti Factory and demoed the Texturz and Embosslits. It was fun to see people's reactions to the Texturz embossing on the Designer Series Paper and then sanding the paper to show the embossed design. It was as if I was uncovering a secret code, only to be revealed by the sanding block! I was happily surprised to hear some oohs and ahhs from the crowd. I'll share some photos from that event later today (still need to edit some pics, etc.) There were truly soooo many creative ideas and super cute projects!!! You'll see. Then, yesterday I had my stamp class and we all had a good time stamping!

Are you ready to hear who won the Scallop Bag for the Freebie Friday 9 giveaway? The odds of winning were pretty good this week - there were 7 comments that made it in the cutoff time! And the winner for this week is....Elizabeth (aka for2nately)!
Congrats, Elizabeth! I'll be emailing you soon to get your info :)

Since I didn't share my favorite present on Friday, I'm gonna take a second to do that now. I'd have to agree with Pearlann that my favorite present is my engagement ring - but not just the ring, the whole engagement day process that my husband surprised me with. I wasn't expecting it to happen that particular day, but we did go out to dinner that hot July day in 1999. I picked him up at his apartment and I thought I'd drive, since his car at the time did not have air conditioning and it was really HOT. Plus, I was parked on his driveway, with the car running and was waiting for him to come out. But he insisted on driving, which I thought was weird, but didn't think anything more about it.

We went to Malibu for dinner, so he suggested going to the beach after and watching the sunset - I thought he was being so cute and romantic! We go to a beach a few miles from the restaurant and he tells me he's written a script that he wanted to run it by me. I was surprised of course, because this is the first time I had heard of a script. But then again, I was thinking, since we live in LA, who doesn't write a script, right? His roommate at the time was in the entertainment industry, so he might have gotten inspired by him. Anyways, he opens his glove box and takes out his script. In my head, of course I was thinking - is that why he wanted to drive? He could have taken the script out and put it in my car! That fleeting thought passes. We walk on the beach and find a spot. He wants us to role play the script, because there's 2 parts - a guy and a girl, conveniently named Michael and Rose. It turns out, the script was a scene of his proposal and we acted it out and at the end, on bended knee in the sand, he produced a beautiful ring from his pocket and asked me "Will You Marry Me?" As you can imagine, I was so giddy and happy! The script prompted for my reply, which of course, I said "YES!" I was filled with emotion and lots of tears of happiness! It was a great moment!

On that note, I want to wish you a great day! Check back later for Mojo Monday and some pics from the weekend. Bye for now.


2 comments:

Pearlann66 said...

what a cute engagement story!!

Anonymous said...

What a great story and memory for you! :)