Sunday, May 24, 2009

Raspberry Suite 7 Card Challenge

Good morning and Happy Sunday! I was excited to see that Dawn posted this week's Raspberry Suite 7 challenge yesterday, though it took me a little while to come up with a card idea using those colors. I rarely use Always Artichoke, but when I discovered that it's one of the colors in the To The Nines DSP, I decided to try and incorporate one of the paper designs in my card. Ultimately, I think the Peonies in Dawn's picture inspired my card! My latest fascination has been to create those distressed flowers, so you'll see that I carried that over into this card as well. Here's what I came up with:The Stampin'Up! colors are a just a tad more muted than the colors in Dawn's picture, but I think the overall effect is one of a Shabby Chic look - hence how I came up with the name of this card, which I'm calling Shabby Chic Rose Red Peonies. Here's a close up of the flowers. They really are a lot of fun to make!
Here's what I used (all supplies Stampin'Up! except where indicated):
*Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, and Rose Red cardstock
*To the Nines DSP, Rose Red DSP
*Wow Flowers and Central Park stamp set
*Top Note Bigz die, Matchbox Bigz XL die, buttons sizzlit, Texturz plates
*Circle cutter, 1 3/4", 1 3/8" and 1" circle punches
*Rose Red Grossgrain ribbon, skinny green ribbon (not SU!), brads
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you like it!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this one should make the spotlight too, outstanding!

Scrapping Julie said...

oh my goodness. absolutely stunning. i bet this is in the spotlight for sure. gorgeous!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Very nice job with those flowers!!! Beautiful!! :)

Traveling Mama said...

I absolutely love this! Your flowers are amazing!

Ann said...

WOW!! This is beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Rose!!!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is sooo pretty!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This card is fabulous!! I love those flowers and your whole mix here!

Cindy Major said...

Wow! This card is absolutely stunning! Love everything about it!

Cindy