Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mojo On a Pedestal

Hello there! Very exciting stuff today (at least for me)! Why? Well, the card I created for the Mojo 95 sketch was an ENORMOUS first for me - I actually SEWED on a card! Can you believe it? I'm still amazed and excited myself, since the only thing I've ever sewn was my 7th grade Home Ec project when I made a mouse pillow! I've seen so many cute cards that had incorporated some sort of stitching on it, so I did some research. I found that many crafters use the Janome Sew Mini, and found some great video tutorials on the GinaK StampTV site that I finally convinced myself to take the plunge and buy one. Luckily, I bought it during the 4th of July sale at Hancock Fabrics, so it was a great bargain at $39.99! After watching the instructional videos a handful of times, I felt ready to give it a whirl. Before I show you the card, here's the sketch for the week:
Now, here's the finished card I came up with - nothing too fancy or complicated, but the fact that there's stitching on it was very exciting for me!I am really happy with this color combo - it's so cheerful. I also love the new On a Pedestal stamp set - the images are so fun! Here's a picture of the cardstock pieces separately, so you can see what I did. Don't look too closely, though! I know my stitching needs practice!

Now for the recipe:
* On a Pedestal Stamp Set
* Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry Textured cardstock, Shimmery White cardstock
* Soft Suede and Melon Mambo Classic Stamp pads, Rich Razzleberry Marker
* Scallop Square punch, Playground button, Very Vanilla brad, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon
Thank you so much for stopping in today! Hope you have a good one! Bye for now ;)


9 comments:

~amy~ said...

woooo hoooooo...excellent card and the stitching just "finishes" the card...aren't you sooo glad you took the plunge? I love my janome!

vicki said...

Great card Rosemarie, the stitching really knocks this card out of the park.

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Very pretty card!
I have yet to take the plunge...
The colors are great! Love the DSP!
Take care!
Kris

Aimee said...

Soo darn cute...love the stitching! I took one sewing class with my new sewing machine a couple years ago, but it's been collecting dust since then...I know how to make a pillow case though! lol
Great card, Rose. :)

Jenny said...

Very cute card!! Thanks for leaving me a comment on mine!

Melissa Sauls said...

Awesome Mojo card Rose! I just love stitching on a card and you're right, the color combo ROCKS!

Ann said...

Super cute card!! Such FUN colors!

Dawn said...

I love it. I have yet to take the plunge. I think my husband would organize an intervention if he saw me pull out the sewing machine for my cards! I hide as it is when I actually sew buttons on my cards...I feel guilty as I make him take his stuff to the cleaners to be hemmed. LOL. I might have to try this mini one though, is it small enough to hide with? ;)

Anonymous said...

Stunning! love the stamps you used The stitching is perfection and that paper is fast becoming my favorite. Super take on the sketch!!