Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Pals Paper Arts Challenge

Hi there! In my blurfing today, I discovered that Mary Fish and her Pretty Pals have created a new color challenge. Well, I'm a big fan of Mary Fish, so I was inspired to create a card and play along! I had looked at the colors earlier today, and thought that they were all in colors..and then went from my memory to create my card. Here are the colors:So, I got 2 out of the 3 colors right, but the third one is close enough, I think. I used Soft Suede instead of Chocolate Chip - and I can't believe I missed that, since I LOVE the Chocolate Chip! Oh well. Here's my card:Whaddya think? How do you like my flower? It's made out of felt and I created it using the Flower Folds die and the Scallops #2 die. I even sewed on the pearls in the middle from the Pretties kit! (Check me out, huh!...that Janome is making a sewer out of me yet! Hand-stitched even!)

Here's how the pieces look - I used 2 felt pieces from the smallest flower on the Flower Folds die and one felt piece of the small scallops die on the Scallop Circle #2 die:
If you're wondering why there's only one pearl in the picture, it's because I was only planning to use one at first, but when I actually stitched it on, I thought 3 would fill the center a little better. These felt flowers are a lot of fun to make. Plus, they'd also make great embellishments on t-shirts, tanks, or other sewing projects!

{Recipe}:
* Wings of Friendship stamp set
* Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede and Whisper White cardstock; DSP
* Melon Mambo Ink pad
* Flower folds Bigz XL die and Scallop #2 die, Leaves sizzlit, and the Big Shot, of course
* Scallop oval, Wide oval punches, Pretties kit, and Melon Mambo grosgrain ribbon
* Bright pink felt from Michaels

Thanks for visiting - I appreciate you coming by!


15 comments:

Sheilah Neff said...

I love the colors you use for this card. The felt is perfect material for the diecut flowers. Keep on sharing! :-) Sheilah Neff

Gayle said...

GREAT COLOR COMBO!!! GREAT CARD!!!!

Margaret Moody said...

What a pretty, pretty card, Rosemarie! I love how you combined the pretty stamped background with the Soft Suede DSP! Love the flower you created, too! Thanks for playing along at PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

The swilrly background is lovely behind your flower!

for2nately said...

Hi Rose! I LOVE this card! It's very artsy and just wonderful! I think you should submit it to a magazine! It looks just like something I'd see in one! I played with this color combo as well-Soft Suede looks great! Have a terrific weekend!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Beautiful card!
Take care!
Kris

Beth said...

I love the color of the flower. Where do you get your felt?

Pals Paper Arts said...

Really enjoy the texture of your card. Great incorporation of the colors from the challenge.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ the PPA!

Melissa said...

Thanks for stoppin by my blog! I stopped in to say hello!

I love your cards! I love your stitching on this one! What a clever idea!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card! The flower is absolutely awesome! So creative! Thanks for playing the PPA Color Challenge!

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

HI Rose! You're so talented! Hope you guys had fun in Hawaii. Must do a game night soon. I really miss that feeling I get when I cream Michael. ;)

Jane said...

bloody LOVE IT!!!!

AJ said...

Perfectly perfect!

Aimee said...

The felt looks fabu!!!

So cute!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fabulous felt flowers! Great job with the PPA color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.