Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MDS revisited and some more pics from Sonoma

I've been meaning to share my Sonoma photos online and I really did want to have it all done in MDS, but alas, I'm not quite done with my album. So instead, I'm sharing the front cover with you, which I did create in MDS :) This cover shot is a picture we took from the Ferrari-Carano Vineyard in Sonoma. They really do have beautiful grounds there, plus of course, a fantastic view of the vineyards in the background. You can click on the photo to get a bigger view. Here are some more snapshots from our Sonoma weekend... This is the darling B&B where we stayed in Healdsburg, CA. It's a historical building called the George Alexander house and it was absolutely adorable. The caretakers, Mel and Holly were awesome and they made us great breakfasts!
Here are some vines from Joseph Swan Vineyard. It was harvest time, so most vineyards had there grapes ready to go (and lucky for us, we snuck a few samplings here and there! The wine grapes were delish!).
Isn't the view from here gorgeous? This is at A Rafanelli. They had some great reds. Believe it or not, we got a Merlot here which was a blend of cab and other reds. Good stuff here.
This little piggie was just too adorable, I had to take it's picture. This is from the Rued vineyard and we bought quite a bit here. The 2004 Zins are awesome.
Here we are with our friends, Jeff and E at my hubby's birthday dinner at Zin. The restaurant was walking distance from our B&b, right in the heart of Healdsburg. Doesn't the food look great? I think we all enjoyed our dinners!
And of course, here is my cutie hubby, having his birthday treat. We all shared this scrumptuous dessert and it really was sooooo good. Yum.

So, that's a quick little view of our trip. I have tons of pics, and maybe once my album is in order, I'll share more pages from there. Hope you enjoyed the little sneak peek!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Great front cover to your album; the background is gorgeous! Of course, you two look awesome also :)! All of your pictures are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Kris

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Sonoma... so much fun! Wish I was there :) Looks like Michael had a fabulous birthday!