Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Patterned Pines and Polka Dots Mojo

Happy Tuesday, blog peeps! How are you guys today? Well, I think fall is finally settling in down here in Southern CA. We're actually forecasted to get some rain today. I'm actually looking forward to it - I think we definitely need some rain in my neck of the woods {justa little bit would be great}! Well, for today's card share, I've got a card I made last night for this week's Mojo monday Sketch #108. Here's a look at the sketch: I like that the sketch itself is clean and basic with big layering accents. Then I thought about using some bold colors and patterns, and went sort of non-traditional with the Christmas color scheme. You still have the red and the green, but I decided to make those the accent colors against the black trees and black polka dotted background. Don't you just love that Patterned Pines stamp set? I know I do! Here's a look at my full card: Did you notice the shimmer on my red snowflake and a smidgin of that shimmer on the trees and along the white edges? I had some fun using the Stampin'Up! Frost White and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paints {from the Holiday Mini catalog}. They're such a great new medium for me - and the add that little sparkle to a card! I used a sponge dauber to apply it and it dries pretty quickly, too! So, whaddayathink? Hope you like the card! Here's the recipe:
{Patterned Pines and Polka Dots}:
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Sets: Patterned Pines and Delightful Decorations
*Cardstock: Whisper White, Rockabilly DSP {retired}, Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper
*Inks: Basic Black, Real Red Classic Ink pads
*Accessories: Mistletoe ribbon, Snowflake punch, Playground Designer Series buttons, linen thread; Frost White and Champagne Mist Shimmer paints applied with sponge daubers
Thanks so much for popping by today! Bye for now.


11 comments:

~amy~ said...

soooo fabulously elegant!!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
What a wonderfully colorful card!
Thank you for sharing!
Kris

kay said...

Cute card! I like the big dots! :)

Dori Shelton said...

Great card! I love the classic black, white and red color palette. The green is a great complimentary color as well.

ccreatif said...

Love the Patterned Pines stamp set.
I use it too. Love the colors, the buttons, everything on the card!

Lisa Brown said...

Love this card! That red and black is awesome here!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the polka dots! :)

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous! I love the unexpected pairing of the black polka dot and the red Christmas papers.

Traveling Mama said...

Holy cow! This is amazing!!! Wow!! LOVE the black, white, and red Christmas! I cannot wait to see some rain... or cooler weather! It's been in the 90's here all week and I am back to melting! LOL!

Aimee said...

Very chic Christmas card! Your banner looks great...I made one too...only took a few minutes and it shows...haha....I'll improve it later. :)

Jane said...

this card ROCKS!!! TOTALLY!!!!