Thursday, October 8, 2009

Snapshots of Larkspur

Hi there! I am finally getting around to posting a few pictures from our trip a couple weekends ago to Northern CA. We went to Larkspur and Sonoma and had a fantastic time! I'm gonna start off with a few pictures of Larkspur for today's post and will post some pictures of Sonoma in the next day or so. I took a TON of pics, so these are just a few representative ones :)

Larkspur is an adorable and quaint little town just a few exits north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Our friends had just moved there a few days before we went up on our trip! It's also the town where I came across the store "Cocquelicot" that I posted about on World Card Making Day. This first picture is the Catholic Church at the start of the downtown strip. It's so pretty, I had to take a picture!
This is the view from the other end of the street. Our friend Jeff told us that the Blue Rock Inn had formerly been a brothel back in the day. Now it's an Inn and I think there's a restaurant at the bottom.
Here's a picture I took inside the Coliquot store. They seriously have the cutest stuff from Provence!
And lastly, here's a view of the redwood grove {? or is it forest?} at the base of the hill where our friends live. I just love these trees! So pretty. I took this on our way out en route to Sonoma...

Stay tuned for the next segment of pictures! Meanwhile, get ready for Freebie Friday!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Beautiful pictures!
Thank you for sharing!
Kris