Sunday, November 22, 2009

Double Challenge Card Time

Hi again! I know, it's my second post today. But, I figured, I may as well take advantage of the time, right? It's been such a precious commodity lately! Anyway, I love doing challenges, so when I saw I could do 2 in one today, I got pretty excited about it! The card I created combines Dawn Mc Vey's Raspberry Suite Challenge 19 and the Pals Paper Arts Challenge 17. Here's a look at the color and card sketches: For the colors, I used Stampin'Up!'s Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Mauve Mist. Now, here's a look at the sketch:
Love the clean lines of this layout by Margaret Moody! Here's a look at my full card: I used the Petal Pizazz stamp set for the four colored flowers - it's a set I haven't used in a little while, so it was nice to bring it off the shelf! :) The embossed background is one of the Sizzix Texturz plates that I also got a while back at a craft show. I thought the swirly background fit in with Dawn's swirly flourish in the Color Challenge photo. What do you think? Hope you like it! Here are the details:
{Four Color Petal Pizazz Card}
All Supplies Stampin'Up! except where noted:
*Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Mauve Mist
*Stamp Set: Petal Pizazz
*Ink Pads: Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Mauve Mist
*Accessories: Scallop Square, 1 1/4" Square, and Modern Label punches, Vintage Brads, Rhinestone stickers {craft store}, Sizzix Texurz Embossing plate.
Thanks for popping by!


23 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow!! Fabulous use of the colours...one of my favs :)

Nancy said...

This is really very pretty. I love the embossing. :)

Adele Fowler said...

Very pretty!! I love your stamping technique!! Adele :)

Lynn said...

Rose,
Very pretty card. Simple yet very elegant!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
I love the bright colors against the chocolate!
Take care!
Kris

Ruth Norton said...

This card is so pretty! I love it!!!

PS I also LOVE your earlier card (the door with the wreath) just adorable!!

Winter said...

How cute! I love the stamp and the punches together! :)

Tammy said...

Love everything about it--great job!

Andrea M said...

Awesome card! Love the way you used the challenge colors - such a pretty effect! It's so nice against the brown background too!

Dawn said...

Great idea for the Petal Pizzaz set and the scallop square. I would never have thought to do that. I LOVE IT! Great job Rose and perfect balance.

Aimee said...

Very pretty...makes me think of sherbet! :)

Melissa Sauls said...

LOVE this Rose! A winner for sure!

~amy~ said...

Nice work Rose!!!!

Margaret Moody said...

I LOVE your card, Rose! Great color scheme! Love how you used the flower from Petal Pizazz paired with the Scalloped Square! Great job with the challenge! Thanks too for the shout out! I really appreciate it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely stunning! Great colors! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun ribbon and bling accents. Way to rock the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Helen F. said...

Fabulous card ! I really love how you used the colors for Dawn's challenge here!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Rose this is just stunning and so perfect! I love it!! I have seen admired your work and am now following your blog!! You always inspire me and thank you for that!!

Hugs
:)

Anonymous said...

I like the sketch that you used and your card looks Fabulous!!!! Congrats on making the spotlight!

Lisa Brown said...

Very pretty card, Rose! Congratulations!

Kim Faucher said...

Love that you were able to use both a sketch and the added embossed background!! great mix of challenges here!

Anthonette said...

Congrats on the spotlight! Gorgeous job.