Thursday, March 11, 2010

my March {SWAP} cards

Hi there blog peeps! How are you guys doing this week? I'm glad it's Thursday. Time really does seem to go by fast these days! Today I've got a couple cards to share with you - they are the 2 cards I created for my March SWAP team swaps. Here the are: This first card showcases the Emboss Resist technique, where you heat emboss your images, then go back and sponge or brayer ink over the image. The embossed images "resist" the ink, which results in a pretty cool effect. Here, I used the Upsy Daisy stamp set for my flowers. I used the Whisper White craft pad and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then, I went back over it by sponging Melon Mambo Classic Ink over the image. Viola! That's Emboss Resist.
My second card was a quick and easy card that requires minimal stamping! Just the tag is stamped. It's a 3"x6" card, which fits perfectly in the SU! Small Open-End envelopes. I also used a lot of goodies from the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-bration catalog. I used the Sweat Pea Designer Series Paper stack as my focal image, then I added more detail by using the Pinking Hearts and Scallop Trim border punches. Finally, I topped it off with the yummy satin ribbon in Old Olive and added a "Happy Birthday" tag. Here are the recipe's for you.
{Upsy Daisy Easter Card}
*Stamp Sets: Upsy Daisy, A Good Egg
*Cardstock: Whisper White, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal,
*Ink: Whisper White Craft Pad, Melon Mambo Classic Pad
*Accessories: Top Note Bigz Die, Modern Label Punch, Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon, Sherbet button, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Pretties kit half pearl, Finial Press embossing folder, Linen Thread

{Sweet Pea Birthday}
*Stamp Set: Vintage Labels {Sale-a-bration set!}
*Cardstock: Taken With Teal, Whisper White, Old Olive, Sweet Pea DSP
*Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Taken With Teal
*Accessories: Pinking Hearts and Scallop Trim border punches, Small Oval punch, 1/8" circle punch, Linen Thread, Old Olive Satin Ribbon
Hope you like these! Thanks for stopping by today :) Toodles for now.


3 comments:

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Rose these are just so inspiring and beautiful! I just signed up to be an SU! Demo and I am so excited! Still waiting for my starter kit....should be here tomorrow! Thanks for always inspiring me! :) Your cards are so creative!!

Helen F. said...

Emboss Resist creates such a beautiful card. And your eye for design and layout just makes it that much more gorgeous, Rose!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Pretty cards!
Haven't tried emboss resist before... love it!
Take care!
Kris