Thursday, March 18, 2010

simply adorned {necklace}

I have finally gotten around to making my simply adorned necklace charm! Sometimes, the best intentions can ge waylayed (is that a real word) by life and stuff in general, but I have to say that I'm so glad I carved out the time to do it because as I was doing it, I remembered how quick and easy - not to mention FUN - it is to stamp and create a unique locket insert! Now, isn't that pretty? Since the locket has glass on both sides, you create 2 pieces of art. Here's my other side
I used the Charming set and it really is just too cute (and simple!). If you look closely, you'll see that I added a little rhinestone bling to add a little extra sassyness. The charm measures 1" x 1 1/4" and the chain I used is 34" in length. Another nice feature of the charm is that it has its own clasp, so you can detach it from the necklace and put it on another necklace to easily change things up. As for the pretty chain, you can wear it long, or it can be wrapped around your neck 2x. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of me modeling it, but I will do that so you can see it and get a feel for the length and versatility. Hope you like it!

Have a great day!


7 comments:

~amy~ said...

It is gorgeous..neat that it is double sided and that there is enough room for bling'age.

Julie A. said...

Wow Rose! That's beautiful. I don't have one yet. I need to get on the ball. I saw where someone suggested punches that would work with the size of the charms on the Stampin' Connection site. I thought that was a great idea.

It's going to be 66 degrees here in Maryland today. After the back to back blizzards last month, I'm so ready for Spring!

I hope you have a great day!

Julie

TuKara said...

Magnifique!!!

Dawn said...

So perfectly polished...and great photography girl!

Lisa Brown said...

Absolutely beautiful, Rose! I have the bracelet but not the pendant...yet!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Simply beautiful!
These are on my wish list!
:)
Kris

Helen F. said...

Beautiful, Rose! Such a great gift idea~love the different chain lengths too.