Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Monday and a new 2S4Y Sketch for you

Hi there blog peeps!  Happy Monday! Did you guys have a good weekend?  Ours was nice, but very busy - we did lots of much needed stuff around the house, like gardening and a little bit of spring cleaning.  But it was nice to just be home to catch up on stuff, you know? Plus, it was a beautiful weekend in Southern California - clear and sunny!

Are you guys ready to start off the week?  I've got a 2S4Y Sketch to share with you today and I've also got an exciting announcement!  I can hardly believe it's true!  I am sooooo THRILLED to tell you guys that I was one of 3 new members picked to be on the 2S4Y Design Team! WooHoo!!!  I truly am so excited!  If you've visited my blog before, you'll know that I LOVE doing challenges, so this will be a super fun role for me! I have to say I'm a little nervous, because there is such awesome talent on the team.  I've looked to these talented ladies for inspiration for the last couple of years since I've become aware of the blogosphere.  I will definitely do my best to step it up and do you guys proud {I hope!}. Here's a look at the this week's sketch:
And here's a look at my card:
The image is called Fairy Mae by a digistamp company called someoddgirl, who is this week's sponsor at 2S4Y.  For the rest of the card, I used SU's Sending Love Specialty DSP, along with Blush Blossom cardstock, and Whisper White.  Here's a closer look at Fairy Mae's details:
I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on her wings and a half pearl on her flower headband. What do you think?  Hope you like it!  Here are the card details for you.
{One of a Kind card}
All supplies Stampin'Up! except where noted
*Stamps: One of a Kind, Fairy Mae {by someoddgirl}
*Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Sending Love DSP, whisper White
*Inks: Real Red Classic Pad and Marker, Creamy Caramel Classic Pad, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Blush Blossom Marker
*Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Pretties Half Pearl, Scallop Oval punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack (for the flower on the headband), Red corduroy buttons, Pinking Hearts border punch; thread and sewing machine
Thanks for coming by today!  Have a fantastic week!


6 comments:

Els said...

Congratulations, Rosemarie!! I'm so excited for you! Well deserved!! Todays' card is gorgeous, I love the reds :)

~amy~ said...

woot woot wootie woot woot Rose!!!! I gasped when I read your name over on the 2s4y blog...you soooo are rockin' the DT already!! I LOVE your card!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Rose!

Unknown said...

Hi Rosemary! Kristy from Some Odd Girl here. I just wanted to stop by and tell you how amazing your card was! All the details and paper piecings in the details are fab! Thanks so much and congrats on your DT spot! 2S4Y is great!

Cindy Lee said...

YAY!! Congrats on your DT spot at 2S4Y! You will be a great addition to their team! Way to go!

Helen F. said...

Such a super sweet card, Rose! The colors and papers are just popping off the computer screen at me :O)