Monday, May 31, 2010

how delightful!

Hi there blog peeps!  Hope you're enjoying your memorial day weekend.  It's a beautiful weekend here in Southern California, although, I haven't been able to take advantage of it as much as I would have liked cuz I've been under the weather!! Boo.  Oh well - at least now I feel like I'm on the mend, so things are moving in the right direction.  Plus, I had an awesome Saturday, which I'll share with you in my next post.  But first, let's start off with this week's 2S4Y sketch, shall we?  Here's a look at the sketch that Laura created: 
It's a great, sketch that's clean and simple!  Now, here's a look the card I created, using the "How Delightful" stamp set from Lawn Fawn.  This is extra special because, not only is Lawn Fawn one of the sponsors for the week, but it's also the awesome company of fellow 2S4Y Design Team Member, Kelly Marie

I love the images from the set - for the card, I used the chandelier stamp and added some bling to the bulbs by embellishing with rhinestones.  In order to get my chandeliers to line up just right, I used the handy dandy Cathy Allan Position-It tool, from Scor-it-all.  I did a quick tutorial last week on how to create a background using the Position-It tool, and this week, I've got a quick and simple tutorial on how to align the images just so.

Here's what I did:
1.  First, you'll want to do the center image on your cardstock.  I stamped the image on the acrylic sheet and then positioned the stamped image where I wanted it on my cardstock.  Then, I aligned the right angle block flushed to the left corner of the acrylic sheet.  Next, you remove the sheet and stamp the image in left corner of the right angle.
2.  Next, repeat the above step with the left and right images.  Tip: I used the gridded lines to keep my right angle block aligned.  I kept the bottom edge along the same axis and just moved it to the left or right of the center image to keep the horizontal alignment.  Here's a look at the positioning:

Viola!  That's how I kept my chandeliers in line!  Here's one last look at the finished card. 
Hope you like it!  For more fun ideas, be sure to pop over to the 2S4Y blog!


2 comments:

Helen F. said...

Ohhh how pretty! Love your card, Rose and the stripe paper in the background -- it looks like wallpaper behind your chandeliers :O)

~kelly marie~ said...

So pretty! Your colors are amazing and I love the gems! :)