Thursday, May 6, 2010

a masculine card for you

Hey there blog peeps!  Thank goodness it's Thursday!  It's been a crazy week for me on the work front, but it's all good.  Just a little bit exhausting.  I don't remember the last time I've worked til midnight (hmm...have I ever?), so I'm pretty certain that last night would have to be the first in this millenium!  So, that's why I didn't get a chance to post.  I do have a quick card share I eeked out the other day, but hadn't had time to put up on the good ol' blog.  This is a masculine take on this week's 2S4Y sketch (turned on it's side)!  Here's the sketch for your reference:
And here's my card!
Isn't the car fun?  It reminds me of London.  It's from a new set in the Stampin'Up! Summer Mini called Sentimental Journey.  I love the paper too - the stripes totally remind me of an airline uniform!  It's also a new DSP called Travel Journal.  Totally fun images and patterns that have a more masculine tone.  Hence the masculine card!  Hope you like it.  Here's the recipe for you:
{Vintage Car for Dad's Day}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Sets: Sentimental Journey, Teeny Tiny Wishes
*Cardstock: Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Travel Journal DSP
*Inks: Creamy Caramel, Night of Navy
*Accessories: Jumbo eyelet, Impressions Square Lattice embossing folder, Tag corner punch, Corner rounder, brad
Thanks for popping by today!


5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic card! Love the map paper and the torn paper! Great guy card! :)

Helen F. said...

Super cute card...love the DP you used here ~perfect for Dad!

~amy~ said...

fabbie masculine card...I love the color orange! happy friday!!

Tanya said...

Beautiful card!!!!
Happy Mother's Day Rose!
Thanks for all!

Cindy Lee said...

I just love the masculine card you created! It's really perfect for a guy! From the colors to the image!