Thursday, June 3, 2010

{cruisin'}

Hey there!  How are you all?  I'm finally feeling better today.  Being sick was definitely no fun.  On that note, I've got a bright and cheery card share today that just reminds me of summer and vacation!  I got my inspiration from the Stamping 411 sketch this week, which I discovered this morning that I was too late to play.  Oh well, kind of a bummer, but at least it got me into the card making mode!  I used the new Pedaling Past stamp set from the summer mini and the vibrant Island Oasis DSP.  Here's a look at the full card for you:
Doesn't this card just wanna make you go outside and ride your bike?  Heehee.  Well, maybe that's a bit of hyperbole, but still.  For me it does conjure up the images of summer.  It also reminds me of the beach cruiser I had in high school.  Ahhh - those were the days.  I remember riding my bike to school every day my freshman year til I finally had friends that could drive, so I got to carpool in my sophomore year and then finally drive in on my own.  Fun times.  Here's the card recipe for you:
{Cruisin' card}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Set: Pedaling Past
*Cardstock: Rose Red, Whisper White, Island Oasis DSP
*Inks: Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, and Tempting Turquise Classic Ink Pads; Basic Black, Rose Red, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise markers
*Accessories: Jumbo eyelet, Modern Label punch, brads, Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, sponge daubers used to create the sand and the sky
Hope you like the card!

Now, I have some fun pictures to share from this past weekend!  My hubby's college roommate and dear friend, Eric, came to visit us for the day and flew in on his plane.  Yes - PLANE!  It's a cool 4 seater plane.  He asked us if we wanted to go to Santa Barbara for dinner, and of course, we jumped at the chance! It was the coolest thing!  Had I not been on a small plane before, I probably would have been a little more freaked out, but truth be told, this was my second time in a small plane.  The first time was also with Eric, however, he neglected to tell us then that we were his very first passengers!!!  This was a few years ago, and he did end up telling us that we were his first passengers after we landed that time.  Granted, I was a little bit stunned learning that, but was impressed at his piloting skills for being a novice pilot.  So, fast foward to today - he's now a seasoned pilot with lots of flying under his belt.  He even let us fly the plane a bit, which was an awesome experience!   Here are some photos of our littley sojourn.

This is Michael (my hubby) and Eric in front of his fun plane.

We got to go around the peninsula and check out our neighborhood from the sky!  Here's a view of the Long Beach Harbor and Trump National Golf Course.
More pics from the peninsula.  The lighthouse below is the Pointe Vicente lighthouse.
This is a view of the Terranea Resort.  It was just gorgeous being able to see it from this angle!  The weather was fabulous for a plane ride, too - so clear!
Then we also got to see a view of Downtown Los Angeles in the distance - it's the grouping of tall buildings just off center in the picture below.
And finally...45 minutes later, we landed at the Santa Barbara airport!
All in all, the trip was AWESOME!

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a good one!


4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

DARLING bicycle card! :)

Jane said...

Gorgeous card!!! Awesome pictures...you'd have to get a bottle of wine in me to get me on that tiny plane!!!!! ;)

Helen F. said...

Such a sweet card, Rose..love the bicycle image and gorgeous papers too.
Fabulous photos of you trip in your friend's plane!

Susan (rainy) said...

Love your card! I so miss riding my bike and can't wait until my feet are healed and I can hop back on it. Your plane ride looks amazing.