Thursday, June 24, 2010

more {CUPCAKES!}

Hey there!  I've got more cupcakes for you today.  This time, I've got a rainbow variety, courtesy of the handy dandy MDS!  I printed out a sheet of cupcakes on Whisper White cardstock in a rainbow of colors - these are Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, and Certainly Celery, which happened to match the Island Oasis DSP, too!  I say "happened to match" because I hadn't previously planned to pair it with the DSP, I just did a bunch of colors so that I could make a variety of cards! Wanna see the full card:  Here you go:

I used the new Cherry Cobbler cardstock as the base, and I really love its rich and luscious red color!  It's a little deeper than the Real Red, but it compliments it nicely.  For my label, I used the other flower punch in the Itty Bitty Punch set.  These really are so cute and add a nice touch to your card project.  I sponged the edges of my label with Creamy Caramel to soften it up a bit and give it a little aged look.  If you've noticed, I've been doing a lot of sponging with Creamy Caramel on my projects lately, to soften the stark white and give the projects some depth.  For the strips behind my "Happy Birthday" label, I used the excess strips from the Eyelet Border punch scraps, so  there was minimal waste of supplies in making this card! Hope you like the card share!  here's the recipe for you.
{Rainbow cupcake birthday}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Set: Party Hearty {in MDS}, Happy Moments
*Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler {new sneak peek!}, Whisper White, Island Oasis DSP
*Inks: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
*Accessories: Eyelet Border and Pinking Hearts border punches, Modern Label punch, Itty Bitty Punches, Brads
Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day!


5 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi Rose,
I love what you are doing with MDS. So inspiring! Happy Birthday to you and I hope it is your best yet!

Patty Bennett said...

WAY too fun ! LOVE it.. so cheery and happy and so clever with MDS !! :)
Patty

Traveling Mama said...

In my opinion you can never, ever have too many cupcakes! And these are just adorable! Hugs from Denmark!

Helen F. said...

Super duper cute, Rose! Love all the bright colors and those YUMMY cupcakes :o)

Melissa said...

This card is so fun! I love the paper you chose!