Sunday, June 13, 2010

summer {wedding invitation}


Hi blog friends!  Happy Sunday!  I know I've been telling you all that I've been super busy.  Well, part of it has been work related, another part of it has been home improvement related, and the last bitty part of it has been wedding invitation related.  For the last few weeks, I've been busy behind the scenes making wedding invites for my dear sister-in-law, Erin, who is getting married this summer! I was excited to do the task, and once I got going and got past the creative design, it was a piece of cake!  I don't know about you, but sometimes, it takes me a while to figure out how to translate the vision I have in my head and make it look right in the final product.  Here's a look at what the final invites look like:
In total, I made 84 invites.  What do you think? My sis-in-law's colors worked perfectly with Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie, so I was glad that I had colors to go with her color scheme!  I also added texture by using the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder on the front and inside of the invitation.  That embossing folder definitely adds a touch of fancy ;) After completing all of them, I definitely felt inspired by the fact that I could produce mass wedding invites...and I was pretty pleased with the outcome!  By the end, I really enjoyed putting them together!  Here's a look at the inside.
Below is a view of the inserts I created - RSVP card, registry info, and directions.
For the belly band, I actually made those using MDS!  It allowed me to create the flourish pattern very easily and then, through the magic of printing, I was able to quickly "stamp" 80+ of these belly bands.  Pretty nifty, eh?  I have to say that using MDS for this piece of the invite was probably a huge time saver!
Well, I hope you like the invites.  I would love to hear from you if you've created wedding invites and your experience with them.  Do you do them for just friends and family or have you created them for customers?  I think if I had more time, I would definitely try to market this opportunity, although with my day job, I'm pretty limited on time.  Maybe down the road.  We'll see!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!



4 comments:

Nancy said...

Absolutely lovely, Rose! Your sister must be thrilled!!
~Nancy
www.cardworthy.blogspot.com

Margaret Moody said...

These are gorgeous, Rosemarie! I love the overall simplicity! You're so smart to use MDS to make the beautiful belly bands, too. Great job! I'm sure the bride loved them! Thanks for sharing!

Queenie Jeannie said...

WOW ZOWIE!!! So impressive!!

I really like your top card too, but I couldn't leave a comment on that post! I LOVE "who's that girl" stamps!

Winter said...

These are beautiful! :)