Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer fun with 2S4Y

Hey there!  Are you guys enjoying the long 4th of July weekend?  Hope so!  I still can't believe it's already July!  Today's card share is this week's fun sketch from 2S4Y.  The stamp I used is called Hang Ten Hanna, which is a digi stamp from our sponsor of the week, Sassy Studio. It's a perfect image for summertime and is also getting me primed for my upcoming Hawaiian vacation!!  WooHoo!  It'll be here before I know it! Here's a look at the full sketch:
And here's a look at my full card:
Isn't that such a fun image?  My hubby was telling me that he thought the surfer girl looked like Scarlet Johanson in caricature form.  The more I look at it, the more I think so, too!  I had fun coloring the entire scene in, and even paper piecing my surfer girl's bathing suit.  For the sky, I actually sponged the background and I cut out a mask of Hanna so that she wouldn't get colored in.  Here's the recipe for you:
{summer Surfer Girl}
*Stamps: Hang Ten Hanna {digi stamp}
*Inks: Copic markers, SU! Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie
*Cardstock: Early Espresso, Island Oasis DSP, Whisper White
*Accessories: Pinking Hearts Boarder punch, twine, coconut button, sponge {for the background}
Thanks for stopping by!  Now, make sure to check out the rest of the cards at 2S4Y and come play along! Have a great day!


1 comments:

~amy~ said...

fabulously fun & festive card...just screams summer!!!