Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Monday with 2S4Y!

Hi all!  How was your weekend?  Hope it was a great one.  I can't believe we've entered into August already.  Well, I think I've finally recuperated from my vacay jet lag and busy work week!  Thank goodness for weekends!  Today I've got this week's 2S4Y sketch for you.  Here's a look at Kazan's creative sketch:
The great thing with sketches - which I think keeps my creativity flowing - is trying to envision something new and fresh to do with the template presented that I haven't tried yet.  For me this week, it was experimenting with new color palettes.  This week's sponsor is Tiffany Doodles and the stamp set I used was the Dahlia stamp.  I just LOVE dahlias, so of course, I wanted to create my favorite color dahlia, which is the orangy-reddish ones that just look so bold and pretty.  Essentially, that's the color scheme that motivated me to create my card.  Here's a full look at what I made this week:

You could probably say that the colors look a little bit on the Halloween side, with the Pumpkin Pie and the Basic Black, but then I think the bold deep orange brightens it up a notch.  This fun bold color is from Stampin'Up!'s new In Color called Poppy Parade.  It is such a luscious shade! I also threw in a touch of vintage with the cool new SU! ribbon called Victoria Crochet Trim - so pretty and so fun to use!  Other fun embellies I added are new SU! items like the Vintage Button and the Vintage Trinket safety pin.  Whaddayathink?  I'd say it's a little out of my element, but I had fun experimenting and am pretty happy with the end result.  Hope you like it.  Here's the recipe for you:
{Little note with Dahlias}
*Stamp Sets: Dalia Digi Stamp {Tiffany Doodles}, Apple Blossom {Stampin'Up!}
*Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
*Inks: {all SU!} Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie and Pear Pizazz Markers
*Accessories: {SU!} - Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Vintage Trinkets, Antique Brads, Victoria Crochet Trim, Scallop Trim Border punch, Word Window punch; Oval Scallop die{Nestabilities}
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fantastic week.  Now, go head on over to the 2S4Y blog and get your fill of eye candy from the amazing 2S4Y Design Team! and while your at it, come play along with us! Bye for now.


5 comments:

WandaG_CT said...

What a great card. Hope your open house went fantastic!

Tiffany said...

Hey Rosemarie! I love how you made these dahlia's so bright and cheery!! Thank yoU!!

Helen F. said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Rose. The Little Note dahlias are colored so perfectly! Love the ribbon, buttons and pin too :o)

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so elegant! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors of this card... kind of fallish. I also cannot put the lattice embossing folder down; I love it!
Beautiful card!
Hugs, Kris