Sunday, January 9, 2011

Heart Strings



Hi all - hope you had a great weekend!  As usual, it felt like it flew by for me.  I'm still trying to get into a groove with being back to work and scheduling time to craft, plus it's a little bit tricky with so many things going on this month with my work projects and life in general, so I hope you bear with me. :)  Anyways, as for this project, I have to admit it took me a little while to come up with what to make.  I might be going through some creative block!   Hope you like the card though - this is simple, yet fun...and also requires no stamping!   Don't get me wrong, I wanted to stamp, but for this card, I didn't think it required it :)  Hope you like it!
The finished card measures 3"x6."  The paper pretty much dresses up the card, don't you think?  It's from the Love Impressions Specialty DSP in the Occasions Mini.  This particular piece of DSP is of a heavy weight cardstock, so it would also be great to use with a favor type of die cut too!  Back to the card - I added a little border of whisper white cardstock with the Pinking Hearts trim - so cute and dainty! I also added a smidge of real red taffeta ribbon and of course, the heart strings!  I used baker's twine and then the Heart Small punch for the glittery hearts.  Here's one last look for you:
Enjoy!  Hope you guys ave a great Monday and I'll catch up with you guys soon!  It's getting late for me so I'm gonna say ciao for now :)


3 comments:

Regina Mangum said...

So cute, Rose! It's so bold and vibrant. Love it! XOXO

Norma said...

Hey girl, no worries I know things are busy and you have your leadership coming up:) Cute card, love the elongated look.
Hugs,
Norma

Melissa Sauls said...

This is soooo, sooo pretty!!! Love how you dangled the little hearts with the baker's twine. Have fun at Leadership!!!