Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last and final Safari destination - Serengeti

IMG_3060385386387401402
403404406413416IMG_3101
418423424IMG_3108426IMG_3131
IMG_3132IMG_3133IMG_3113IMG_3114IMG_3107IMG_3110
Serengeti, a set on Flickr.
Hello there! Today I'm sharing the last segment of our safari trip to Tanzania, Africa. We went to the Serengeti and stayed at the beautiful Serengeti Migration Camp. The area is sooo vast with the terrain varying from a wooded region to an expanse of grassy plains as far as the eye can see. In addition to all the animals we had seen in the previous 3 locations, we were still introduced to a bunch more! And, we even got to witness the incredible wildabeest migration! It's nothing I've ever seen before....a sea of animals all heading North as part of their annual migration. You'll see these pics in the series. There's a picture that shows they fill the plains and extend to the horizon. It was incredible.

At the camp, we encountered an adorable animal called the Hyrax and I totally wanted to take one home with me. See if you can spot them in the series - it looks like a cross of a cat and squirrel with no tail and just the cutest round body.

Well, I hope you enjoy this last set! I can't say enough how much we enjoyed this trip and would highly recommend going on safari at some point in your life - truly amazing and inspiring to get a glimpse of nature's playground. I would also highly recommend our tour operator - Elewana Skysafari. Everyone and everything we encountered, from the staff and activities to all the properties we stayed at were amazing and absolutely fabulous! I really can't say enough.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Oh - one last thing on a completely different note - today is the last day to play in my May giveaway, so if you'd like to take a stab at winning the free stamp set, please go and leave a comment on the May Final Friday Giveaway post!


6 comments:

Beth Coburn said...

I loved all your photos from your amazing trip! That's an incredible trip of a lifetime!

TFS,
Beth Coburn

Sam said...

Hi Rose,

I have really enjoyed checking out some of your holiday photographs. What beautiful places!

:-)
Sam.

~amy~ said...

Super fun...really been enjoying your pictures!!!

Julie A. said...

Hi Rose! These photos are awesome! I especially love the close-up of the hippo. I noticed the hyrax. I wondered what it was. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us, My boys loved the pics as well:) Julie

A Stamper's Journey said...

Wow Rose, Great pictures. They make me want to go. Looks like a wonderful experience. Thanks so much for sharing.

Maureen

Dorothy T in FL said...

I loved looking at the wonderful pictures of your trip. Thank you so much for sharing them all and the beauty of everything you saw.