Friday, August 24, 2012

simply flat..with {tExTuRe}

Happy Friday to you!  Hope you all had a great week.  Just wanted to pop in with a simple card I created.  After making this one, I decided that I should sit down and make a stash of these simple one layered cards to have on hand..especially thank yous!  The inspiration for this card is actually from a couple things - 1) the chevron arrow stamp from the Border Banter stamp set and 2) the leaf from the Wonderfall stamp set, both of which are in the Holiday Mini catalog.  I've been wanting to play with both of these and I happened to have a white 3 1/2" x 5" card in close proximity to my computer, so, as I was sitting on a conference call, I thought I'd try these stamps out.  I found it to be very effective multi-tasking!  I was really pleased with how it came out - for no layers at all, it seemed to be chock-full of texture.  Here's another view, so you can see what I mean about flat texture:
So, what do you think?  I thought it had a nice retro-modern look to it, especially with these colors.  I used the brand new In Color, Summer Starfruit, and paired it with a classic favorite - Pumpkin Pie.  For the Thank You sentiment from the Itty Bitty Banners set, I used Early Espresso Ink to make it stand out, in a subtle sort of way.  Here's the recipe for you:
 
{Wonderfall Chevron Thanks}
  • Stamps: Wonderfall, Border Banter, Itty Bitty Banners
  • Cardstock: Whisper White Notecards & Envelopes (3 1/2" x 5')
  • Inks: Summer Starfruit, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso
Now, the fun part.  Last but not least, I was blurfing {aka blog surfing} a little bit ago and saw that my sketch actually fits Pals Paper Art's sketch challenge for the week, so without even intending, by serendipitous luck, I'm actually getting to play in a card challenge!  Woohoo!  It's been awhile for me. :) 
 
In any case, I hope you guys like the card, or, at least come away with an idea for trying to create texture with a one dimensional card.  Patterns really do a lot - be it stamps or paper - and they're fun to dabble with!  Give it a whirl and see what you come up with.  Thanks for popping by and have a great weekend!
 



4 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love this, Rose!!!!
gorgeous colors and design!!!!!
tfs:)

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable! What a perfect clean and classy design! Thanks for playing with the Pals!

Helen F. said...

Very pretty Fall card, Rose. Love the chevron arrow and the wood grain leaf....perfect color combo too :)

Melanie said...

I love this chevron stamp as your background! Fun card! And how super fast, too!! These would make a great little gift pack with different sentiments and leaves on the front.