Monday, January 20, 2014

Gray Skies meet Polka Dot Parade

Hello and happy MLK day, blog friends!  I'm so excited to share today's card. I will shamelessly say that it's purely inspired by the cards of Jennifer Timko and Lisa Rhine. I just LOVE their creations and the sun and clouds on their cards that I had to create a card of my own!  Here's a look at my full card.
When have you every seen gray skies look so cheerful?  Aren't the clouds and sun so FUN?  I thought it was so clever to use the Word Bubble Framelits dies for the clouds.  They are just too cute!  And how about that background - do you recognize it? If you're wondering what that might be, it's a sneak peek from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  It's called Decorative Dots Embossing Folder -pretty aptly named, dontcha think? Plus, I really do love the sun in the Polka Dot Parade, too.  Dots, dots, everywhere! It just makes me smile.  Here's a look at the sun components:
I used the Banner Blast Punch {another sneak peek from Sale-a-bration!} for the rays, and the Starburst Framelits layered behind the 1 3/4" circle punch for the center of the sun. I used the Banner Framelits for the sentiment at the bottom and layered the same size frame lit with just a little peek-a-boo of the Polka Dot Parade DSP in Daffodil Delight. I am such a framelits addict! I love them all!  One last look of the full card..
Here's the recipe for you:
{Gray Skies meet Polka Dot Parade}
Cardstock: Smokey Slate, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Polka Dot Parade DSP

Inks: Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: Word Bubbles Framelits 
{Occasions Catalog}, Starburst Framelits {Occasions Catalog}, Banner Framelits {Occasions Catalog}, Banner Blast Punch {Sale-a-bration sneak}, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder {Sale-a-bration sneak}, Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Designer Buttons, Linen Thread
Hope you like it.  Thanks for popping by today.  Have a great one!


0 comments: